Sunday, June 20, 2010

Definition of Sexy

When I was a little girl, I thought Ricky Schroeder and Ralph Macchio were sexy. My room would be splattered with posters from tiger beat with their feathered back hair, polo shirts with the collars styled up, and acid wash jeans. Oh pony boy, nothing gold can stay.

When I was in high school and college, I officially became a broadway geek and thought guys like Hugh Panaro, Michael Ball, and Adam Pascal were sexy. The way they used their voices, the way they effortlessly belted out those notes, the way they hung on to a note till just the last moment before they let their vibrato close it out....hot. Hmmmm, I guess I still think that's sexy.

But I've had 10 years to observe John as my husband, and 9 of them as a father, and he has totally altered my definition of sexy. This is sexy....

Watching him bounce and sway as he tried to put a crying baby to sleep. Then watching him knock out on the couch with sleeping baby on his chest.

Asking him to run out to target to buy diapers and having him return instead with a girly, flowery lamp for our baby girl, just because he thought she would like it (she was 3 weeks old).

Seeing him play ball with the boys after a long long long day at work.

Watching him dance with Selah because she thinks he is her prince.

Knowing he wakes up early to make the kids pancakes and sausage because they love it (by the way, I am still sleeping since I think our kids will grow up just fine eating cereal).

The way he reads stories to the kids with made up voices and accents.

How he gives his last bite of food to the kids if they ask.

Seeing how much the kids light up when he walks through the door, and seeing him light up right back.

Ralph Macchio could never hold a candle to that. Or I guess in current times, Robert Pattinson, even with all his smoldering looks and trend setting hair, could even compare in my eyes.

Kids don't think he's sexy, but they do agree he's pretty awesome.



















































I like Gabriel's card the best. That is Daddy laying out as the 3 boys are floating away on shark infested waters. Maybe Daddy can't see them floating away since he has no eyes.


















Props to all the dads out there, especially ours!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU! Thanks for making me laugh and cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is a stud!! I teared up a bit. You are pretty sexy too.

    ReplyDelete