Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things I Can't Say No To

I'm pretty good at saying no. Just ask my kids.
Can I buy this? NO
Can I eat this? NO
Can I stay up? NO
Can I come out of time out? NO
See...no just rolls off my tongue.

But there are some things I can't seem to say no to. Here are my top 5.

JCrew, and in particular, a JCrew sale (which happens to be going on right now...sorry honey if you notice something on the next credit card statement). It's quite embarrassing to walk into the store and realize that I own way too much of their merchandise as evidenced by the fact that I'm wearing it from head to toe. It's even more embarrassing when other customers ask you for help because they mistake you for a worker. It's most embarrassing that I often play along and ask them what they are looking for because I could probably locate it for them.
Coffee. This is my liquid courage to face the day. Do not even attempt to have a conversation with me until I've had it. Just don't do it.

Karaoke or any such variation of it. We bought the rock band game for John and I, not our kids. My all time favorite karaoke song....Alone by Heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cw1ng75KP0&feature=avmsc2
This is classic 80s video making at its best. I'm pretty sure I rocked their hair in junior high.

Potato chips. It's everything I love....salty, crunchy, bite size. Because I know how weak I am with these, I never let myself buy these at the store. Unfortunately, poor John has had to run out to walgreens late at night because I'll turn to him with my puppy dog eyes and sigh deeply, "I wish I had some chips." He's a good man.
Most of all, I can't say no to any requests from my kids to be hugged, kissed, or held. When they ask to sit on my lap, or get another kiss, or be held just a little longer, I rarely resist. I relish these moments when I'm still their favorite person.

So if you see me hugging my kids in my jcrew outfit with a coffee in one hand and chips in the other while rocking out to heart, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment