Monday, April 19, 2010

My movie within a movie

We watched Chronicles of Narnia on our family movie night. Our older two boys had read the book, and we just read a children's version of it to our younger two, so everyone was very excited to watch it come to life on the screen.  During the final battle scene though, it became far more amusing for me to watch my kids than anything hollywood could come up with.

Our oldest was first biting his nails, then closing his eyes, then wiping his tears, then beaming like a cheshire cat throughout the battle sequence. He's got such a soft spirit, and it's one of my most favorite things about him. I think he did each of these faces at one point.


Our third was whispering under his breath over and over again, "I like Aslan. I want to be on his team." He's all about being picked for the winning team. Actually, it's all about just being picked. It's hard being the youngest brother in our family.

Our second was silently and intensely watching until he shouted out of nowhere, "Wait a minute, is this fiction or non fiction. Did this really happen? Is this real?" Hmmm....what ever would make you think that? The talking animals, the unicorns, this centaur?

And last but not least, our youngest. As the deeper themes of good versus evil, courage, friendship, sacrifice, and faith were being played out, she only cared about one thing. "I don't like the ice queen's hair or outfit!" The ice queen was bad simply because she wore the wrong thing. Silly ice queen. How dare she try for world dominion in that.

3 comments:

  1. your kids are so funny sue! each has a personality uniquely his/her own...and you have a great way of highlighting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue! Your blog is awesome! I love getting updates on your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Movie... I can imagine it all happening! I have tears i'm laughing so hard. Great family moment. -Eric.

    ReplyDelete